At the risk of sounding like an infomercial, Sitti Soap bars are super versatile! While our soap is perfect for hand washing and protecting yourself from germs, it can also replace many other products around your home. We are sharing 6 (six) ways you can also use your Sitti Soap Bar - other than hand-washing.
Photo Source: Vicki Bartel
- Face and Body Wash: Sitti Soap is gentle enough for your face and body. You can apply the soap directly to your skin or you can create a lather with a washcloth for gentle exfoliation.
- Shaving Lather: Shaving without a lather or cream can leave skin dry in the best cases and raw and irritated in the worst. And, while shaving cream might help, it’s a one-trick pony. Sitti’s Natural and Loofah Olive Oil Soap bar, easily replaces shaving cream when you create a lather with a loofah or washcloth. Not only will it protect your skin while you shave, it will also leave your skin feeling hydrated.
- Make Up Remover: Make Sitti Soap a part of your nightly routine as a makeup remover. Gently rub a small amount of the soap onto your skin and wipe everything away with a cotton pad or washcloth. Moisturize, and you’re ready for bed!
- Stain Remover: Sitti Soap is a gentle and effective way to remove stains from fabric. In many cases you can dab the stain (dabbing instead of rubbing avoids spreading the stain), gently rub the affected area with a small amount of soap and hot water, let the garment or fabric sit for anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple hours, and rinse and follow with a machine wash.
- Detergent for Undergarments and Delicates: Have you ever ignored a “Hand Wash Only” tag on a garment because it just seemed like too much work? While running everything through a machine wash is certainly easier, it might cost you more in the long run as your undergarments, tights, and sweaters show wear prematurely. Hand washing your clothing doesn’t have to be difficult! Fill up a clean bowl or bucket with cool water and wash each item separately with a bar of Sitti Soap. Gently squeeze out excess water into a sink or bathtub and let the garments dry on a drying rack or on hangers hung in relatively open spaces (shower curtain rods, bannisters, etc.).
- Dish Washing Soap: With more demand to move away from plastics, we love how well our Sitti Soap bar helps cut through grease to clean not just your plates and glassware but also your pots and pans! We prefer using it with a brush, scrub the top with some warm water, and then use it to help cut through dirt and grease!
Photo Source: Vicki Bartel
Why not try our bars and compare them to your traditional soap bar. We know you'll love them as much as we do.
Each natural olive oil soap bars are handmade in small batches from the Jerash Refugee Camp by Palestinian refugee women, providing them with a livelihood through their employment with Sitti. We are proud to help provide education, employment and empowerment to refugees through every purchase made with Sitti.
Share your feedback: How do you use your Sitti Soap? Share your creative uses with Mona, firstname.lastname@example.org.