As much as we hate to admit it, cleaning of all kinds must be done on a regular basis. While we can’t promise to make it fun, we can promise to make your cleaning routine a bit easier. Our texture and shape of new loofah scrubbers makes them versatile and helpful all around the house. Keep reading to learn about some of the many ways in which you might use your loofah scrubber.
Loofah Scrubber Uses Around the House
- Your Body: Of course, the most obvious use for your loofah is your body! The loofah works well for all skin types and body parts, from sensitive shoulders to rough heels. To learn more about adjusting your loofah usage to your skin type, read our previous blog post, “Getting to Know Your Loofah.”
- Dishes: The texture of our loofah scrubbers is perfect for cutting through kitchen grease, especially when paired with our 100% pure olive oil soap.
- Sink and Countertop: If you don’t clean your sink and countertops every single day (let’s be honest, who does?), they can get pretty gross over time. A quick scrub though, will leave your kitchen sparkling.
- Refrigerator: The food we keep in our refrigerators can sometimes leave crumbs and sticky residue behind. Tackle those shelves with some warm soapy water and a scrubber. Not only will your refrigerator look cleaner, it’ll also smell fresh.
- Bathroom Tile: Having trouble cutting through the grim of your bathroom tiles? Break out a trusty loofah scrubber! Loofahs effectively get into all of your bathroom’s nooks and crannies.
Storage and Sanitation
The best way to store your loofah in between uses is by hanging it. The goal is to allow air to flow all around and inside the loofah, giving it a chance to fully dry. In addition to keeping your loofah as clean as possible, this will also extend its life. After each use, rinse out all of the soap and squeeze out excess water to speed the drying process.
Every now and then, you should give your loofah a deeper cleaning to flush out any build up. The simplest way to give it a deep cleaning is to throw it in your dishwasher on the top rack! If you don't have a dishwasher, you can sanitize it by pouring about 1/4 cup water over it and microwaving it in a bowl for 1 minute.
Sitti loofahs will last for about 40 to 60 days, longer if sanitized and dried well after every use. When your loofah has run its course, don’t throw it away! What makes Sitti loofahs a zero-waste option is that it does not produce waste! When it’s no longer durable (The loofah will soften over the course of a little over a month.), you can either bury it in your backyard or add it to your compost. Our loofahs are essentially plants and can be disposed of as you would any other food scraps.
So, if you’re looking to simplify your cleaning routine (and be a bit more environmentally friendly to boot!), try out our loofah scrubbers!
Share your feedback: Let us know how you use your Sitti loofah! Send an email to Mona, email@example.com, with your tips and tricks.