Our COVID-19 Response
Dear Sitti Community,
In the most recent weeks and months, the world has been shaken. As humanity continues to traverse uncharted territory, we have been trying to evaluate what a sustainable path forward is for Sitti.
We are adjusting our operations, outreach and strategy as we enter this new space.
As always, our highest priority is to help ensure the health and safety of our staff, customers and partners, while fulfilling our mission.
Here is what you can expect from Sitti at this time:
- Compliance with applicable government regulations related to the containment of Coronavirus
- Careful guidance being provided to our staff across the world about best practices for preventing the spread of infection, based on the World Health Organization guidelines.
- The ability to track your orders through our Shopify tracking system, and receive personalized updates on your order by emailing us: email@example.com
Enhanced Employee Protection, Safe Order Fulfillment
While our mission as a social enterprise is to provide sustainable, long term employment to the refugee community, our first and greatest priority is to ensure the health and safety of our staff and their families. Our workshop and training facility in the Jerash Refugee Camp in Jordan is currently operating at a reduced capacity with the following policies and procedures in place:
- Enhanced cleaning in our facilities on frequent schedules, especially shared equipment
- Requiring all employees to follow WHO guidelines for workplace hygiene and social distancing
- Providing hand-washing and sanitizing supplies to employees at all times
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to employees at all times while working inside our facilities
- Providing emergency paid leave and family support services to employees unable to work due to the coronavirus and its effects
Shipping and Handling with Care
In addition to the measures we’ve implemented to ensure a clean and safe environment for our staff while fulfilling your orders, we are also taking every precaution that your order is handled with care. Orders that are shipped through international post (i.e. UPS, FedEx, Canadian Post) may be slower to ship due to enhanced measures within these individual shipping services. We appreciate your understanding and patience. If you have any questions related to your order, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How You can Help
- Corporate Gifting. Are you a company or organization looking for an opportunity to make an impact in these unprecedented times? Sitti is working with organizations large and small to create gift sets that keep your employees and valued customers in-mind, while also giving back to the refugee community. Our soap gift sets are available for pre-order! Please contact us at: email@example.com for more information. Read about our recent corporate partnership with Audi Middle East and UNHCR here!
- Sign Up for our Newsletter and Updates. Sitti will provide you with weekly newsletters that include updates on our operations and how you can get involved as a supporter of our brand’s mission. Please visit our website to sign up! https://sittisoap.com/
We will be regularly reassessing and adapting our operations and strategy in the weeks and months ahead so that Sitti is in a position to continue providing sustainable, long-term employment and relevant skill development opportunities to the artisans and refugee community we work with.
We are so grateful for the flood of support for Sitti and the refugee community during these uncertain times. Thank you for your understanding and steadfast commitment to our brand and mission.
If you have any further questions regarding Sitti’s response to the novel coronavirus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request to speak to one of our team members listed below, based on the country/region where you are currently based:
Jordan: Safiah Abu Shanin (Regional Manager)
United States: Jackie Sofia (Cofounder and CCO)
Canada: Noora Sharrab (Cofounder and CEO)