Sitti Social Enterprise co-founders, Jackie and Noora, speak with honesty and vulnerability about critical topics for the everyday, mindful consumer.
Join them on Instagram Live and IGTV while they dive into the issues that we should all be talking about and acting on:
- Women in social enterprise “making it” in the pandemic and post-pandemic economy
- Artisans whose refugee experiences inform, but do not define, their stories
- Moving beyond the $5-a-day budget: discussions around severe socioeconomic inequities (i.e. people living on less than $5 a day), and how we can change these inequities through social enterprise
- Mental and financial well-being in a consumerist society
...and more, plus special guests along the way! Bring your cup of coffee or tea, listen-in and chime in! See below for upcoming Sips with Sitti IG Live events, or check out our IGTV for past episodes as they become available.
Sitti co-founders, Jackie and Noora, sit down for their first IG Live conversation together to talk about women “Making it” in the pandemic and (hopefully!) soon-to-be post-pandemic economy. They’ll speak about their own experiences- personal and professional challenges of keeping a small social enterprise running throughout the coronavirus pandemic. The conversation will delve into…
- The separate yet distinct experiences of both women becoming infected with COVID-19 while keeping Sitti running
- The experience of loss in its many forms during the pandemic and what helped both women survive and move on from that loss
- What strategies proved beneficial in remaining a self-reliant and resilient small business, even while more established businesses started closing their doors
- Lightning round Q&A from questions submitted via our community on Instagram (DM us if you have a question you want answered on this episode!)
In a spin-off discussion of Episode 1, Noora and Jackie break down the statistics around women-owned businesses in the time of COVID, and what resources are available for women who are trying to keep their businesses afloat throughout this uncertain time. They also share some of their struggles with creating boundaries between work and home life, as well as their own tips and tricks for building healthy boundaries whenever possible.Don’t have time to listen to the full episode? No problem. Check out our episode show notes on the Sitti blog.